Questions and Answers about complaints policy.
We want you to be satisfied from our services.

Complaints policy

Complaints process

At April King customer satisfaction is really important to us. We always strive for perfection but we are only human, and sometimes we can make mistakes. This policy sets out how we deal with complaints and your rights.

Step 1:
If we have made a mistake, please contact your advisor as soon as possible, and they will do everything they can to make it right.

Step 2:
If having spoken with your advisor you are dissatisfied with the outcome and would like to make a complaint, please write to us or email us. We cannot deal with complaints over the telephone as this does not give us the opportunity to fully investigate the circumstances and offer you a fair response.


You can either:

  • Email [email protected]
  • Write to us at the following address:
    Complaints Department
    April King Legal
    Huntingdon House
    278 – 290 Huntingdon Street
    NG1 3LY

Please let us know:

  • Your full name and address, email address and mobile number
  • That you are making a formal complaint
  • The name of your advisor
  • What you have instructed us to do (e.g. write a Will, make LPAs…)
  • When you instructed us
  • What you think has gone wrong or was not done properly
  • How you would like us to put things right


How we will deal with your complaint

We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 business days.

We will provide a full response and decision within a further 15 business days.

What to do if you are not satisfied

If you are not satisfied with how we have decided your complaint, you can ask us to review the decision. Please let us know the reasons why you feel our decision is not the correct one. On receipt of your request, we will review the matter and respond to you within a further 15 business days.

How we will deal with your complaint
Should I complain to my advisor’s regulator?

Should I complain to my advisor’s regulator?

You must first use the firm’s complaints process. Should you still feel dissatisfied having exhausted the above process, then you may be able to complaint to the advisor’s regulator if:

  • Your advisor is a Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive and
  • Your complaint relates to a matter covered by the SRA’s or CILEX’s Code of Conduct

Regulators deal with matters such as:

  • Dishonesty
  • fraud
  • discrimination.

Get in touch with us today

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Scroll to Top